Les plus drôles et touchantes du Web
Les meilleurs clips du Web sont ici
Créez avec vos vidéos et photos
The Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours chapel was founded in 1655 in Old Montreal. It is a jewel and historic heritage of the city. Marguerite Bourgeoys, first teacher in Ville-Marie, was the founder of the Congregation of Mother. She was also the instigator of the project to build the chapel after she brought back from France a small wooden statue of Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours.
This place of prayer was well attended by sailors in the nineteenth century, when the Port of Montreal became an important center of the city. The ships hung in the vault of the chapel show that commitment to the sea and sailors. In 2005, the mortal remains of Margarerite Bourgeoys were transported to the left of the altar chapel, just below the statue of Notre-Dame-de-Bon-Secours.